I had to have some! But for some reason I only ordered one yard. Was I mad?!? At first, I wasn't sure how I could make the most of such a teeny, tiny piece of fabric but in the end I decided I would use the Oliver + S family reunion dress pattern to make a little top
It took quite a while to cut out the fabric and even then I goofed the back pieces. I should have cut the fabric so that the pattern at the centre back overlapped but I didn't think of it until I had finishing cutting out. Then there really wasn't enough fabric to cut out another back piece.... Oh well...
I made my own covered buttons (11mm) and added a thin blue piping around the neckline. I fussy cut the neck piece so that there were no "off with their heads" moments
And I basted the pintucks and then removed the basting thread once the neckline was sewn to leave little pleats. I like the way these turned out and may do it again the next time I use this pattern.
Overall, I am pleased with this little top and it is close to what I imagined when I saw the fabric....just gotta get that back pattern matching sorted!!
I have used this pattern before:
a liberty print in size 12-18 months
A Michael Miller print, Children at play, in size 4
...and I wasn't clever enough to match the pattern at the back on this one either....